cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ftp refusing to delete certain folders from CGI server.

N/A

I've been cleaning out my webspace but for some reason, my ftp client is refusing to delete certain folders. It will empty them but then leaves the folder in place. When I try to delete these folders I get the following message... "Unable to access file. File either doesn't exist or you do not have permission to access this file"... or something along those lines, anyway.

Now when I look in these folders, they appear to be empty and yet the folder sizes all show to be between about 70 and 120 bytes in size.

Anyone got any clue as to what's going on here?

Many tks in advance.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi
It's possible that you still have some hidden files in your folders.
See this thread for more information.

N/A

Tks for that, Theattic. I did what it said to do in that thread but it still shows no files in the folders and i still can't delete them. It's no biggy really. it just makes things look a lil untidy.
Community Veteran

If they are owned by wwwuser they were created by the weserver and only it can delete them. You have to raise a ticket to get them deleted by support.
N/A

Tks for that, Peterbut after making the changes suggested in that other post, I tried again later and they allowed me to delete them so i guess i had to wait a while for the server to make the updates first. Smiley