cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

epson perfection 1640SU scanner

N/A

My scanned images now have one lengthways normal stripe, surrounded by wide grey stripes. Can anyone tell me what is going on here. All I have done recently in maintenance is to wipe the scanner glass because it was dirty.
6 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Hi
I think you may have answered your own question here, if you get a quality glass cleaner not a household one as these can cause the problems your seeing now because of whats in them but a dedicated screen and scanner cleaner it should sort out the smears/ lines on your scanner bed that your seeing in your scans

I use a spray made by Durable called screenclean and its excellent but there are many others that you can pick up from any good computer retail outlet

Bill.
N/A

Thank you for your reply. But I cannot understand why the stripes are so regular and of uniform width. They are certainly not smears, but definite demarcations between white area and grey.
Alecto
Grafter

Try reloading the drivers and setting it up again. Sounds as though it's getting tiself confused.
N/A

Thank you, but I have already done all that. I fear it may have come to the end of its days. Sad
holdtight
Grafter

when you cleaned it did you pick it up or turn it over as sometimes the light
rail can dislodge themselves and need reseating

this is rare but it can happen its all i can think of
N/A

No - I left it in situ. I have ordered a new one - this one is quite old, in IT terms, anyway.

Thanks, everyone, for your help. Smiley