cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e.mail problem

nick73
Dabbler

e.mail problem

Hi. When I open Internet Express I get a window asking for my user name and password. As the ones shown are correct I press OK. The window keeps comong back every time no matter how many times I press OK. When I press cancel just to stop it re-appearing, I get a message saying there is an error as my user name and password are not recognised. Consequently I am unable to receive my PlusNet e.mails. As far as I am aware, I have not changed anything. Can anyone please tell me how to get PlusNet to recognise my user name and password. Your assistance in this matter would be very much appreciated.
Kindest Regards,
Nick.
5 REPLIES
N/A

e.mail problem

This is normally a setting goto tools/accounts select the account and then properties then servers and make sure you dont have my server requires authentication ticked and log in with a secure password isnt set.

Test your email password on webmail to make sure its correct for the mailbox you have set outlook to
nick73
Dabbler

e.mail problem

Thanks mwright. Have checked the server and neither of the boxes are ticked. tried sending myself an e.mail but message said could not find server. ensure that correct address was shown. It is as asked for IE. relay.plus.net but still will not recognise my user name and password. I just do not understand what can be wrong as I have not changed anything from when it was working OK. Any further ideas would be very welcome.
nick73
Dabbler

e.mail problem

Mwright, further to my last message. I have just gone to the plusnet e.mail section and the message to myself was actually received there even though the error report said it could'nt. It would appear that my password is OK for the web but not recognised in Internet Explorer. don't know if this information is any help.
Community Veteran

e.mail problem

http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/index.shtml?supporta=emailsetupguides

Explains how to setup outlook Express.

Are you trying to get mail from your default mailbox or a named mailbox you have created. If its your default mailbox login name will be nick73 and the password your normal portal password. If its a named mailbox, the login will be username+mailboxname i.e. for mailbox fred the login will be nick73+fred, and the password is what you set when you created the mailbox.
nick73
Dabbler

e.mail problem

Thank you petervaughan. deleted and re-entered details. now working OK. Thanks again for your assistance.
Kindest Regsrds,
Nick.