cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dvd players

N/A

dvd players

elo, I was wondering if any of you know any decent free dvd players around for the pc. I have the basic InterVideo WinDVD but when I try and play the DVD's they are all jumpy and not much use. I've tried the powerdvd which is great and runs like a gem but you only have 30 mins of usage before you have to buy Sad any suggestions? thanks Wink
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

dvd players

The best DVD/AVI free player I use has to be Videolan

Ok it Looks basic but does everything I want it to do without needing any custom codec's
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

dvd players

Thanks, I've got it installed now but got no idea how to work it :?

I just wanna play my dvd Cry
N/A

dvd players

rollins1234 is right, it doesn't seem to do anything.
N/A

dvd players

Free players will normaly only work, if your have a DVD decoder and/or a GFX card that has a onboard decoder.

Otherwise, you need a Codec full stop.

Windows Media player will not even play DVD's without a codec, which it borrows from other players installed on your system, like Win DVD
N/A

dvd players

Is there a codec bundle or something I can get then?
N/A

dvd players

buy intervideos WinDVD 6 (platinum) its the best one out there and it snot that much (or hey download it ;P) and videolan rules. :p
N/A

dvd players

cheers Wink I'll have a look around, thanks all!
N/A

dvd players

i use Nero 6 Ultra with Nero Media player and Nero Showtime, also i use AceMega Codec's pro pack for XP, with these there is not format which i cant play. not that i would ever condone copying software, Cheesy but i use peer2peer software to locate codecs, and anything else i may need. do not use Kazaa, you will only regret it later.