cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dual operating system

slanjavah
Grafter

dual operating system

Hi can any one help. Have an 80g hard drive which is partioned as two 40g and seperate 40g drive.
On "c" drive have installed windows xp pro.
can i install different operating system on my "d" drive and if so how do switch from one to the other.

Thanks in advance

Happy new year Cheesy Smiley
5 REPLIES
N/A

dual operating system

What other operating system were you thinking of? there are various tools which allow duel booting of operating systems.
N/A

dual operating system

If you are planning to run a second OS, Boot Magic from powerquest is a good tool to use, as its easy to set up and use. Most OS's now come with a bootmanager them selves, but beware, if you install XP it remotes the previose one and only puts XP into the boot list :S so be warry of that.
slanjavah
Grafter

dual operating system

was looking to have win98 as second system only because i have some games that do not run correctly with ap pro

jim
Rich
Grafter

dual operating system

First install windows 98, then install XP into a second partition.

XP will automatically set up a boot menu allowing you to chose which OS to boot into.

Richard
N/A

dual operating system

after doing that back up your master boot record (MBR) using many free tools online (google) thus if anything goes wrong you just need to replace it with the back up and you will be able to get to both partitions again

buz