cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dos help g disk comands dr dos

N/A

hi all I am haveing problems wipeing my laptop i like to g disk all of my computers to get rid of junk i have gdisk on floppy and it works ok on my computers.but for some reason i cant wipe my laptop samsung its nealy new p4 2.8gig a friend made a batch file so i type go and it wipes my drives i have had to put the software on to bootble cd as no floppy drive computer says its dr dos and says (dr-dos) A:> any one any ideas how i could get it to acsess cd drive to wipe computer thanks gareth
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Its looking for the command in the wrong location cause its expecting to use the floppy drive hence it asking for A:

So you will need to edit the bat / cmd file that it runs from so it looks on the CD instead
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

great thanks for that I am not sure about dos still learning Is there any way that i could get dos to read my cd drive instead as i have no floppy as yet allthough iam buying one thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

you would have to edit the bat/cmd file that you run that is on the CD, which in turn starts the exe that is formating the HDD. So ask your friend to edit the file in question for you so it uses the CD driver letter and not A:
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

well i have cured problem bought a cheap compaq floppy drive off ebay jobs now sorted out thanks for help