cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

colour printing laser or inkjet

N/A

lo,does anyone know of a printer than can do a very good gold effect print job inkjet or laser,though i think laser would be more preferable.it would be used for printing cards mostly,not worried about price as im looking the info for a friend.thx
4 REPLIES
N/A

i've got an hp color laserjet 2500 - it's fantastic I think.

the downside is bulk colour printing. it goes funny after about 100 pages. (the odd black streak on the page)

but for moderate use it's really good.
N/A

There is currently no Inkjet or Laser that will do a true gold. This is due to the size of the pigment that is too large to fit through the nozzles of the inkjet.
For laser, you cannot use metal pigments due to the electrostatics used in lasers. Non metal pigments, such as pearl effects, cannot be electrostatically charged.

If you want a gold, there are gold and silver inkjet papers available which will give you a gold or silver background background to print on.
N/A

lo,thx for replies.from what i can gather printer would be required to do large runs of wedding cards and the like,thats why they want gold :? lol looks like its more of a printing press required.
N/A

Yes, to get a metal effect you need a proper offset, flexo, screen or gravure printer. These are not the sort of things you stick on the end of a PC.

A way around this is to get your local business printer to print off blanks with just the metal bits printed. Best results will be with screen printing and pooerst with Offset. You will need to ask the printer which form he would like your artwork in.