Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you have too much wireless?

jabb0
Grafter

Ok on my desktop i have got
- Logitech cordless mouse
- Ennyah cordless keyboard (not sure if its infra red or wot)

then behind me on my bookshelf i have got a netgear wireless router.

Now i want to buy the logitech Freedom cordless joystick, which runs at 2.4Ghz, which is the same frequency as the router is it not?

Now other than me getting cooked from the inside out with all these radio waves and what not, can you see a problem where this joystick is going to interfere with any of my other kit?

I would hate to buy this thing to find that when i switch it on every other device in my room comes to life an trys to attack me :O or at the very least they just stop working properly Cheesy

any thoughts on this?
6 REPLIES
N/A

not sure... I use a lot of cordless stuff in the house in that frequency spec and don't get any issues. I thought my wireless access point was giving me headaches and I asked about the possibility of this on ADSLG (I just got laughed at Wink but I am still not convinced)
The_10th
Grafter

There will be intermodulation noise at the same frequency but I don't know if this is enough to be noticeable. You may be able to change the channel number on the Netgear (DG834G??) which could help.

Don't like wireless myself (security, troubleshooting etc) but that's just me Smiley
jabb0
Grafter

dude i live in the back of beyonds - security dont bother me too much cos i dont think ive eva seen a sheep work a laptop Cheesy

I am slightly worried about being cooked from the inside out though.

Wireless was really a no brainer, there are several pcs in here, but i dont think there are drill bits long (or strong) enough to go through some of the walls in this house, i remember someone else around here saying that they lived in an old converted country house a bit like myself and they quite rightly described it as a "small fortress". all joking aside some of the walls are like 4foot thick :O
N/A

it's possible that your access point is givin you headaches. After all wifi is a radio wave
N/A

You know.. it's funny you should reply to this topic. I moved my wireless access point and dect base station from my bedroom to the loft and for the first time in a while I haven't noticed my headaches!! It might be coincidence but all that wifi can't be good.. so they're staying up there now.
N/A

You may be onto something here.

My Wireless AP and DECT phone base are both in the living room.

If I sleep on the couch (which I only do occasionally if i've had a load of beers for example) I often wake up feeling lousy: Headaches, lethargic etc.

/ends childish post, and waits for a slap Wink

Seriously though, I have often wondered if it makes any difference. I used to have a wireless AV sender for watching Sky in the bedroom, but recently I upgraded to multiroom. Since we go rid of the 2.4Ghz wireless sender/receiver in the bedroom, I've slept much better.