cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I use web folders on plusnet webspace

Community Veteran

is it possable to use some of my webspace for storage of web folders. if it is is it against the T&Cs.

cheers

Alan
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What do you mean by web folders?

If you mean just directories to store files rather than an actual website, that is fine. You can use your webspace for whatever purpose you want, as long as the files are not illegal content and you don't exceed your webspace and/or daily transfer limits.
N/A

I wouldnt mind knowing this too. I have webspace at my college but would rather use PNs as my college one is limited to 30mb max, whereas you get 100mb (IIRC) with plusnet.

When i access my FTP site i have an 'htdocs' folder, and it wont let me create any mroe folders unless i go into the 'htdocs' folder, whereas my college userspace contains multiple folders for Java, PERL, HTML etc etc.
Community Veteran

The root of your www webspace is htdocs so that is the only place you can create folders.
Community Veteran

Just tried it and it is possable. The folders are viewable by others so using a password to protect them woulds be a good idea unless you are not bothered about others seeing what you are storing. Plusnet help site has a good tutorial on how to password protect.

A