cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bluetooth on xp

Brickinit
Grafter

bluetooth on xp

i had my nokia 3650 linked to my pc using a msi dongle on windows me, but after upgrading to xp i can get the 3650 and my new 6230 to pair with the dongle but when i try to connect it just as the phone to accept the connection from the pc but will not connect. in the tool bar at the bottom there is a connection icon with a cross which says "bluetooth network, network cable unplugged,bluetooth lan access driver" i know someone else with the same problem so i'm assuming it come down to xp, ofcourse i could be very wrong, has anyone else had a simular problem, how did you resolve it?
4 REPLIES
N/A

bluetooth on xp

have you got the latest set of drivers for your bluetooth stuff?
N/A

bluetooth on xp

You do not access bluetooth using the LAN access driver.

With nokias, you normaly pair the device, and setup that you want the serial port or the virtual modem by default. You then create dialup connections, using that modem.
Brickinit
Grafter

bluetooth on xp

i have the latest drivers from MSI
xp set up a bluetooth lan network during instalation of the dongle, if i try to connect ,it act as a serial port ( ports 4 or 5 ) to access the fone
Brickinit
Grafter

bluetooth on xp

OOPS! turned out it was my firewall blocking it,you really need to allow the right programs is you would like the hardware to work