cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

binatone adsl 500 (3light) sharing problem

N/A

Hi, I'm Hoping someone can help or at least point me in the right direction. Is there any way to set up ICS using the new binatone 3light modem. I used to have things working fine but after reinstalling win me on my main machine I have lost all internet connection fron the second machine which is also running ME.

I have full network connection and can transfer file but nothing shows in the dialup box so as far as I can tell I have nothing to share. I've tried pointing NO2 machine to the modem ie 192.168.0.2 but it dont see it.

Am I completly going up the wrong tree, do I need to get a router and if so which one is known to work well with plusnet.

Thanks in advance
Harry
1 REPLY
N/A

I assume the pc with the modem has an ip of 192.168.0.2 the second pc should have a ip in the same range ie 192.168.0.3 and the key point is it should have the default gateway set to 192.168.0.2 it should also have the dns set to +net dns.

It can be a bit silly at times but if you log on to each pc with the same username and password it should then work ok.