cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus a8n32-sli deluxe help

N/A

got this new m/b last week need some help setting this up can some one tell me the right drivers and bios for this i have a amd 4800 x2
1.......bios ..........
2.......chipset driver
3 ...how to get the auto update working """m bios file not found Huh?"
4... my temperture for the cpu mine is running at 35c idle to 44c after playing games m/b goes upto 38c is that ok
5... marvell ethernet or nfocrce to connected to the internet...

windows xp home
hiper r 580 psu
2gig corsair xms c2
amd 64 4800 x2
7900gt xfx
4 REPLIES
N/A

1. I would probably advise you to leave the BIOS if it seems to be working okay.

2. nVidia will have the latest chipset drivers:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Choose "Platform / nForce Drivers >> nForce 4 Series AMD" then your Operating System Choice.

3. If this doesnt work its usually because your either on the latest version or you need to download the latest update software release from Asus. Here

4. Those temperatures are fine.

5. Either, try each one decide which is the best or just use the nVidia one Wink
N/A

ASUSUpdate is renowned for not being able to find the correct BIOS files. To be sure select a different server from the drop-down list in the program, alternatively visit ASUS.com and go to the downloads section to download the latest BIOS file, then use ASUSUpdate to flash the BIOS with the file you downloaded.

Note: When flashing the BIOS, the CMOS is automatically cleared, and defaults are loaded. (The CMOS is the area of the BIOS where user preferences are stored) You will therefore have to re-configure any BIOS settings you might have changed.

Do not worry about your temps, the ones you quoted are fine. If the CPU goes above 60 Deg. then i'd think about checking your HSF/Fan otherwise, 30-45 Deg. is standard operating temperature for an Athlon64.

Regards,
Dodgydog
Grafter

if you have the version with the northbridge fan on board beware !
the fan itself is no good and you will need to replace it (i have had to on both of my systems)1 failed at 4 months the other at six , a replacement only costs 2.20
N/A

Note: When flashing the BIOS, the CMOS is automatically cleared, and defaults are loaded. (The CMOS is the area of the BIOS where user preferences are stored) You will therefore have to re-configure any BIOS settings you might have changed.

To add – you should always clear the CMOS and load defaults before attempting to flash the BIOS.

if you have the version with the northbridge fan on board beware !
the fan itself is no good and you will need to replace it (i have had to on both of my systems)1 failed at 4 months the other at six , a replacement only costs 2.20

He has the Asus A8N32-sli Deluxe, it has the silent heatpipe instead of the standard hsf. It’s the older A8N Deluxe which the fans fail.

Why did you pay for a replacement? Just contact Asus and they will send one out free of charge.