cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone tried SP4 for win2k yet?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Any issues? Or for once is it a good SP?

ed: well tried it as I'm due for reinstall soon but no issue's shown up as yet.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
12 REPLIES
N/A

Installed it at work yesterday but have hardly touched the PC since. I'll post back Monday after I've had the day with it.
N/A

I haven't installed it yet. However, www.wopr.com, look for the Lounge link, is a great support community for all matter Microsoft related .
N/A

We have it on our cisco telephony servers as of yesterday.

Hope it's a good one! (nervous :-) )
subsailor
Dabbler

24sp4

Have been running for the last 36 hrs. No problems as yet.
Community Veteran

ditto all good here, one good thing is the slow shut down from a buggy pre SP4 fix has been fixed itself.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Been running it for 4 days now, and everything's been fine so far. This release fixes several bugs, notably with regard to USB 2.0 driver support (my USB 2.0 controller on my motherboard is now correctly identified Cool ).
N/A

Same here, been running it for 10th consecutive day now.

Pre-SP4 shutdown fault (logged in eventlog as "USERENV") has ceased.

No glitches at all reported, event log clean as a whistle.
Community Veteran

Only problem I've had is that I get a start-up message telling me I can't add new hardware when logging as myself rather than as Administrator (if you see what I mean) in spite of the fact I've not added any new hardwear recently or certainly since installing SP4 otherwise it "seems" Ok.

I incidently can't see any way to stop this particular message appearing, if anybody has any ideas. The message doesn't appear when logging on as Administrator.

Prior to installing SP4 (a couple of weeks before) I added a new TFT LCD monitor (the excellent Samsung SM151S) but this has been accounted for in Win 2000 without any problems.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
N/A

In User manager make yourself an administrator.

Next time you log on this problem should sort itself, then remove yourself from the admin group and bob is your close relative.

Obviously if you are already an admin on this machine then something went fubar!
Community Veteran

Uhmm!! it happen directly following the install of SP4 which is what prompted me to comment, but thanks for you're suggestion I'll look into it.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
N/A

SP4

All fine here, except for Add/Remove proggies in CP: the list of installed proggies does not initially display (something to do with the .hta file or a DLL, arcording to the error message). Then clicking on the Change/Remove tab (on left column) does create the list.
Community Veteran

1st Issue I have is Putty's connection is more prone to timing out with SP4 installed.

Annoying when I'm admining and require quick access to a remote command and find its lost connection.