cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XP SP2 out now

36 REPLIES
N/A

XP SP2 out now

I thought this was delayed. Also i read it best to put on windows update and get it that way.
N/A

XP SP2 out now

After SP2 installation.

Does anyone know that the slider control called 'MAXSPEED' in Internet Explorer actually does?

When you alter it's position it asks for a reboot but just returns to it's original position.
N/A

XP SP2 out now

I thought this was delayed. Also i read it best to put on windows update and get it that way.

As a genral public release, it is.

The downloads provided are the network Install versions. Don't be put off by them though, as this means little mroe than a all in one inclusive package, so the installer doesn't have to keep contacting the MS site for smaller portions of files.
N/A

XP SP2 out now

From what I have read its not quite.

Beta testers/pre release candidates can get it from today, however for general users using windows update it will not be available until the 16th.

Its not a good idea to download it from anywhere except the MS sites, who knows whats been done to it elsewhere.
N/A

XP SP2 out now

Besides the windows subsystem refusing to install anything, because the signature tests fail?
N/A

XP SP2 out now

You will note that one of the links I gave was for MS. MS releases it in stages first its RTM which is the links I have given. It does mean it is the full final release. It is then released toMSn and others. It does give a unistall option if you get stuck
N/A

XP SP2 out now

i had a mod'd boot screen so xp winged at me for that but as soon as i replaced my boot.ini file with the original it was all fine again.. however style XP didnt wanna work so i had to get an update from tgisoft to correct that issue.. seems to be the only 2 probs so far
N/A

XP SP2 out now

Have installed sp2 with no problems.
N/A

XP SP2 out now

i've installed sp2 but i ain't too sure what the final final version number is, does anyone know this? mine is xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158
N/A

XP SP2 out now

If you have either Beta version of SP2 installed, when you go into the system option within Control Panel. It will say SP2 RC1 Version blah or SP2 RC2 Version blah.
When you have the final version, it will just say SP2. No version number will be listed.
N/A

XP SP2 out now

the SP2 version thats out now as far as i know is for buisness's to test, and the testing sucks big time, lots of problems and i mean lots, including p2p wont work some games wont work, there are some new features that when they have been patched will be better than the current SP1, but for now i would'nt touch it with a barge pole. have a read of this for a full run down of the problems and some solutions. http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/technology/3570636.stm
Community Veteran

XP SP2 out now

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/17/xp_sp2_glitches/ - thats 200 apps that have problems with SP2 and counting ...

Microsofts list of incompatible apps can be found here.

I think I'll wait until SP3 is released Wink
N/A

XP SP2 out now

yep me 2 Peter, not touching this one, thanx anyway Microsoft. Evil
N/A

XP SP2 out now

What do you really expect, this is microsoft after all. Besides you will probably need SP2 in order to get any future fixes, bug fixes etc.