cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring

N/A

Wiring

Hi I have recently had ADSL enabled with plus.net all tests passed by BT. However i plugged in my Netgear DG834G router but it does not synchronrise with the exchange.
I do not have a master socket to test the router in instead there is an old, what looks like a terminal block connecting the external with the internal cables.

Similar to this I have called up BT and they said it's old equipment and they are coming to replace it with more a up to date master socket.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks
4 REPLIES
N/A

Wiring

These are unlikely to be the cause of your problems, however, they do hinder performing diagnostics, and rulling out your own side of things.
N/A

Wiring

lo,ask mr nice bt guy if he can check your dsl when he is there after he has fitted your new socket.also if you have an old line box inside then chances are the cable will be pretty old coming into your house,would do no harm to have it replaced.bt should do this for nowt especially as you are a dsl customer now.
N/A

Wiring

thanks for your reply. Just have to wait for BT now. Wink
N/A

Wiring

Mr nice BT will prabably remove all the old style terminal blocks, because they are a bit of a fault liability.

Make him a cuppa, and he ( or she) will tidy the whole lot up for you.

Jeff ( ex-BT, but not always mr nice!)