cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Routers

N/A

Wireless Routers

Does anybody know that which Wireless ADSL Router is best to use with Plus Net . Something that could work in the whole house ? ? ?? I previously had a netgear wireless router but it wouldn't work even in the next room .

Help please
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Wireless Routers

i was just about to recommend a netgear DG834G as that works in my garden and across the street!

Have a look at some of the reviews on ADSLGuide they are usually very good:
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/reviews/
N/A

Netgear Wireless

Hi, Thanks for a quick response. I actually had the same router as you but it wouldn't work behind closed doors or downstairs untill I would plug in the wireless receiver dongle in my laptop. My computer is a centerino and it usually picks up internet from across the road, i checked with my neighbours and they are using some Belkin 54MBps wireless router.

I'm checking the ADSL guide right now, they are actually very good, thanks
shellsong
Grafter

Wireless Routers

Maybe you should try to find a MIMO ADSL router since the PreN MIMO wireless systems have much better range than the standard 54g ones even with ordinary laptop WiFi units, due to their sophisticated hardware and multi-aerial technology.

I've got a Belkin PreN router (which is plugged into a ZoomVoip ADSL router) and that gives me a reliable fast connection where a Netgear wireless router didn't connect at all!

I believe there are now all singing all dancing MIMO based routers that will also make your ADSL connection if you want an all in one solution. Wink
psk10
Grafter

Re: Wireless Routers

Iv just Purchased and installed a LINKSYS WAG54GX2 MIMO router and also a MIMO wireless notebook adaptor after being advised by Broadband buyer ,(i had a US Robotic for 2 years not very impressed with it )
The LINKSYS was easy to install and i had a querie on the encription /security .
LINKSYS have freephone helpline which connected to a very helpfull lady in the Manila who sorted everything and more in 10 min and it is performing very well and very fast . A GREAT PRODUCT FROM A GREAT COMPANY.

www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk
www.linksys.co.uk
N/A

Wireless Routers

I have a linksys dgl-4300 coupled with a zoom x3 modem and it works great, over 500 hours uptime so far. It's also got packet prioritisation and a gig switch in it, if not that then i'd recommend a belkin pre-n purely for the range of those things. Though my dgl works through the three floors of my house.
N/A

Wireless Routers

dg834g netgear. Grt router very easy to get working.
N/A

Wireless Routers

D-Link DSLG-604T
Great little all in one, or why not use your router and buy a seperate AP ? D-Link DWL-2000AP+ is a good one.

Regards,
Midville
Grafter

Wireless Routers

DG834G here - 4ft walls and I can still get it outside on my laptop. No problems with it at all. Cheesy