cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows multiple account error message

N/A

Hi,

I have an XP O\S with 2 accounts. When I start up the main account that has full admin rights I can access and use WIP TECH and the internet as expected. Whenever I log on with the second account which has restricted rights (can't install or delete files but can do everything else) the first thing that you get on the desktop is a RUNDLL error message saying:-
"An exception occurred while trying to run "amecsa.cpl,RUN_DLL"".
Although if I click 'OK' I can continue to use the WIP TECH application etc without issue, this recuring message is annoying. I've re-installed the application a number of times (from the admin account) since I got it as the error has existed since day one. I'm using the A360 ADSL modem and drivers which I got from PlusNet when I first subscribed.
Does anyone know how to overcome this error ?

Cheers
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Would assigning admin rights to the other account be an option?
Also why not try checking for updated drivers? The modem is quite old now and updated ones are probably available.
N/A

I share the PC with my young children so giving them greater controls is not prefered. I cant be sure that it is a potential cause.
I've checked for updated drivers but I have the latest.
From the little I've heard from PlusNet tech support it seems more likely that the Wip Tech application is not written to run on any multi account o\s.
N/A

check the permision on the directory /file often you have to give full control to the dir to everyone