cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows media player

morgan2476
Grafter

Windows media player

Every time i try and open media player i get the following message - "an internal application error has occurred." any solutions?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Windows media player

What O/S what version of media player?

If its xp uninstall it add/remove programes and then windows compolants rebbot and reinstall it by going back and adding it. Or download the latest version from MS.

Does it only do it on a certain file if so the file may be corrupt or the wrong codac
morgan2476
Grafter

Windows media player

hi i have tried that and it does not make any difference.

Thanks
pjemmanuel
Grafter

Re: Windows media player

Every time i try and open media player i get the following message - "an internal application error has occurred." any solutions?

It may be due to a corrupt Media Database file - the one that keeps a list of all the media on your computer. You'll find this in the directory: -
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Index
and the file will have a name like: -
wmplibrary_v_0_12.db

If this file is corrupted, you will get an error such as the one you are getting. On the plus side, if this file is 'missing', Media Player will recreate it when you open it.
You could try moving this file from the current location, then opening Media Player. If all goes well the file will be recreated, albeit empty, and Media Player will operate correctly. If you still get the error, you can replace the file, confident of ruling out the database as the problem.

HTH
Phil