cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows media player 9?

N/A

Windows media player 9?

Hi guys i have a fault with my windows media player. When i watch a dvd via media player 9. 5 mins into the movie the sounds goes off and i dont no why?

Any help plz
9 REPLIES
N/A

Windows media player 9?

Does the sound go off totaly? As in, no longer existant?

How do you restore it?
N/A

Windows media player 9?

You could try just reinstalling WMP9. Or, try installing an alternative application and see if that does the same. Does it matter which DVD you watch or do they all exhibit the same behaviour of no sound after 5 min?
N/A

Windows media player 9?

Yeah they all do it its werid. I have 2 load up the dvd again 2 make it cum back on but then it goes off again
N/A

Windows media player 9?

is it every 5 minutes exactly?
i had the same problem and i couldn't figure out why - i had entered my licence information in for the decoder (windvd).

try uninstalling then reinstalling the decoder.
Community Veteran

Windows media player 9?

Windows Media Player does not require a licence as it is part of Windows.
N/A

Windows media player 9?

Read all of what I said. Windows Media Player requires a decoder - which is not provided by Microsoft. You have to purchase a third party decoder.

Moderators note (John) Full quote of previous text removed at its not needed
N/A

Windows media player 9?

Cyberlink's PowerDVD also hooks into Windows Media Player.

The trial version of PowerDVD does exactly what is described. Plays a certain amount of the audio then mutes, but carries on playing the video
N/A

Windows media player 9?

Yup - I eventually just bought the add on decoder for powerdvd. Works very well with Windows Media Player. - Good for on the plane!

Moderators note (John) Full quote of previous text removed at its not needed
N/A

Windows Media Player.......... Bahh

the best advice i can give u about windows media player is .. UNINSTALL, its crap to be totally technical try using power dvd or divx player if ur a cheap scate, or go for Nero 6 Ultra player or Ace Mega Pro Codecs pack version 5.1 if ur in the know they r top