cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Xp serious problem urgent help required

N/A

My windows xp system has been runnin fine up unti yesterday when i turned my computer on and just before the login screen the monitor turns itself off i dont know why this happens as the monitor is fine up until then... any help would be greatly appreciated...

Kyle
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Weird, both running fine now one or the other is kaput. Could you try a different monitor or the monitor with a different base unit?
N/A

the monitor works up until the log in screen i can go into bios and everything... just when the blue xp scroll bar stops and is just about to go to the lgon screen there is a long pause and the monitor turns off but the computer is still orking because the number lock comes on and i can type the password without the monitor and i can hear the login noise but still have not look with the monitor...

Thanks
Kyle
holdtight
Grafter

Can you boot into safe mode ? press and hold F8 when you power up your system
Community Veteran

This sounds like a graphics driver corruption. Had something very similar recently.

boot into safe mode and try 2 things:

1) reinstall your graphics drivers
2) Try reverting the graphics driver to the previous setting (control Panel -> System -> hardware tab -> device manager -> graphics card).
N/A

i can boot into safe mode fine
N/A

Try uninstall the graphic driver then reboot , If you get back in normaly reinstall the graphic driver. If this does not work your going to have to take a look in safe mode and see whats automatic strating
holdtight
Grafter

Check your monitors refresh rate hasnt been set too high when your in safe mode
knock it down to 60hz and see if your system will start
N/A

My boss had the same problem with his comp a little while ago....worked ok in safe mode turned out to be a dodgy socket on the graphics card.Now he just makes sure the monitor lead is pushed to one side to keep a decent connection.