cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Media Player Issue

Fixes: 133

Having just re-installed XP SP2 after a HDD failure I have met a problem with WMP 11.

Actually, I noticed the same issue after the last time I installed XP but not the time before.

If I change the volume by using the slider or mute using the mute button it works as it should but if I then move the Seek button either forward or back or pause/play then the volume jumps back to full level but the mute button state doesn't change nor does the volume slider. This is a nusance; has anyone else come across this and, if so, how was it resolved?

BTW, there has been not major hardware change since the time it worked normally and now except for hard drive changes.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
Njal
Grafter

Do you have a Dell system with a Creative sound card? According to some reports I've seen the drivers are outdated and partially broken.

Creative web site apparently has updated/fixed drivers.

Regards,

Neil

:roll:

Of course. The first time I installed XP I updated all drivers, etc. including the Audigy ones. The last two installations I neglected the Audigy card for some reason.

I'll download now and see if that does that trick. Smiley

Thanks

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

I have a self-build but upgrading the latest Audigy drivers has solved the issue.

Many, many thanks.
Cheesy
Cheers