cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2003 Server

N/A

Windows 2003 Server

Has any one tried to setup their Voyager 105 on Windows Server 2003? I attempted it today and the install failed. I am assuming that the Drivers are not compatible with the operating system. Any comments on this would be most welcome.
8 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Windows 2003 Server

That is quite possible. Servers are generally geared more towards router connectivity.

My 2k3 server connects to my DG834G.
N/A

Windows 2003 Server

I too have this problem but desperate to get the voyager modem working... currently going through a router.
N/A

Windows 2003 Server

Have you tried the XP drivers?
N/A

Windows 2003 Server

yeah, it takes about 2 minutes for it to TRY and install the drivers; then goes...nope, not having it...and wants to restart the server...(not good on a live system).....

Okay..maybe the error message isnt quite like the above but you get the gist it not working ;-)
N/A

Windows 2003 Server

If you are already using a router, why would you want to 'downgrade' to a modem? (If you don't mind me asking)
grimme
Grafter

Windows 2003 Server

A driver for the 105 at this location:

http://listing.driveragent.com/usb/1690/0215?PHPSESSID=39d84908471eae0da08757c0d714cccf

It has an 03 as one of the O/S's it will work with.

Can't vouch for it working though, our 2003 uses a Zyxel ADSL router to connect.

I have seen reports of the old "frog" usb modems being used with 2003 server, why they'd use one of them with such an advanced bit of kit as 2003 server would need to run efficiently is beyond me though!!
N/A

Windows 2003 Server

If you are already using a router, why would you want to 'downgrade' to a modem? (If you don't mind me asking)

Im not quite sure myself to be honest... the router used with my server 2003 is fine......I just have this urge to want to try it with my 105.... a stupid reason I know.....maybe I should just leave it alone....it works fine....so dont mess with it......if thats how the saying goes..... I can program port forwarding on my router so there are no issues there..... Only took the 105 out its original box the other day.....would be a shame to waste it - laughs......
N/A

Windows 2003 Server

Putting it in a box and posting it to you was waste enough. :lol:

Keep it in the box in pristine condition - in a year or two most folks will have smashed theirs up in frustration or binned them - it could be worth almost as much as you paid for it if you hang onto it for a while.

Sorry, far from constructive for the OP who needs to get his working.Shockedops: Hopefully the link @grimme posted will bear fruit - then my conscience will be eased. Wink