cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window XP PRO Logon

N/A

Window XP PRO Logon

Having a problem loging on to my PC, the welcome screen come up with the user profile, when you click on the user name it say Loading your personal setting, them it say ,saving your setting ,and not log you on.
I have have done a repair ok and it boot into windows OK done Virus scan no virus, shutdown & restart will not logon. Help... Sad
2 REPLIES
N/A

Window XP PRO Logon

try this,

on the log in screen hit CTRL + ALT + DEL twice to bring up the classic login screen, login as the administrator account that you created when you first installed windows. if the same thing happens, i recomend you boot from a bootable CD such as knoppix and back up ur data then reinstall XP fully ( or go for the install but keep the file system intact, that way you wont need to back up ur data)

i would sugest that its ur users profile that has become corrupted in some way and as such the admin account should log in fine, however u may want to tryu to login under safe mode as well
N/A

Window XP PRO Logon

You system keeps doing this because it has a fault and you have it set to reboot when it finds a fault. Try F8 on boot up and go throught the option like safe mode, last known good profile. If these fail then you will have to do a system repair. AS the other users suggested if you can boot up ok as admin then its the profile thats at fault. Create a new user account and use that