cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my computer starting up by itself ??

N/A

Over the last few days my PC startup by itself at about 09.25AM, its part of home network that is conneceted to a D-link 604+ ADSL wireless router.
The PC is running Norton Antivirus & firewall 2005, I have also disable the WOL on the BIOS and on the network card, the PC still startup by itself why?
Help
Sad
3 REPLIES
the_norris
Grafter

Check in the BIOS - as there are some times a option to Wake up the PC at specified time. Like a PC alarm clock. I know DELL PC have this.

Phil
Rich
Grafter

Also check for something like 'Wake on Modem Ring' and 'Wake on LAN' - disable both.
N/A

I have an EliteGroup K7S5A motherboard, and I have it start up in the morning to wake me up.

If you can't figure out how to stop it from turning itself on, you could always just turn the power off at the plug overnight - you'd also save energy in the process.

Just for reference, it wouldn't have anything to do with any software you've installed on your computer - not even your operating system. (Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.)
To my knowledge, it would have to be a setting on your motherboard that's doing it - have you been playing with your BIOS lately? Maybe you changed something without realising?

Heh, at the time of posting these 2 topics are next to each other:

What can it be My pc wont start
    Why is my computer starting up by itself ?Huh