cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which 54mbs Wireless Adsl router

N/A

Could any give me suggestions on which 54mbs adsl wireless router i should go for.

Looking more at ease of use and reliability than security and advanced features

any feed back appreicated
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Well, I recently got the Belkin one, and am so far very impressed - so I'd happily recommend it. Smiley

Thomas
N/A

Ive heard belkin are very good, but netgear do make some very good ones as well
Community Veteran

There are several other threads where other users have asked for wireles routers to buy. Have a look around or use the search to find them. I would recommend Netgear DG834G but there are other eaually capable products around now.
colin_thames

Belkin

I've just put in a Belkin as well. The wireless works extremely well - reaching two floors down in my house. The only snag I found was that it needed to have a firmware update to work with Plusnet and to change the MTU setting. Belkin offer a freephone number to their tech support people and they talked me through the lot. Very reasonably priced as well. I paid about £65 inc VAT at ebuyer.com. The PC card was about £35 inc

Hope you find what you want.
N/A

I'm using USR 9106, cool, else Linksys routers are very impressive also.
N/A

Hi, I Bought a Netgear DG834G because it came with a free USB client. Whole lot cost £99. Amazing piece of kit. I just worked without any fidly settings. Used all the defaults with 3 XP Home computers. 2 on the 100 Mhz ethernet and the 3rd on the radio via the free USB adapter. Radio goes from downstairs to upstairs (Incline the aerial at 45%). Highly recommend. Dave
N/A

Hi, I Bought a Netgear DG834G because it came with a free USB client. Whole lot cost £99. Amazing piece of kit.

And for those with a laptop, there's a similar deal with a free wireless PCMCIA card, for the same price. All worked SOOTB for me.
N/A

Thanks for the tips everyone - and thanks to byker for starting this thread. I've just ordered my Netgear router from ebuyer :-)

I noticed one of the replies says that it works great from downstairs to upstairs if you tilt the antenna. I'm assuming the opposite is true as mine will be upstairs, but I want to be able to work in the garden Cool - its radio after all, so shouldn't be directional
N/A

I noticed one of the replies says that it works great from downstairs to upstairs if you tilt the antenna. I'm assuming the opposite is true as mine will be upstairs, but I want to be able to work in the garden

My router is upstairs and I use a laptop downstairs. Reception is variable, typically best (54 Mbps) directly below the router, falling to around 8 Mbps in other parts of the same room. I've experimented with tilting the antenna but the gain in reception is heavily outweighed by simply moving the laptop to a better spot.
N/A

Thanks.
I should be receiving it tomorrow so will get it set up next week and give it some tests