cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Wrong With Simply Computers?

chroma
Dabbler

Has anyone used Simply Computers recently?

I ordered something from them a couple of weeks ago and it never turned up.
I've tried emailing them repeatedly and they never reply and when you phone them you get a 'no-one is currently available to answer your call' queue message.

Ian
7 REPLIES
N/A

I have just recieved a CR-RW from Simply - it came the day after it was ordered with free delivery !
Sorry you had problems
N/A

Do you have any anti-spam sogtware on your system?

I found my spam-filters ate my order confirmation.

If you ahve the confirmation, I can only suggest you continue to try phoning them. They are pretty easy to contact at 9:30am
chroma
Dabbler

LIke most retailers, it's only when something goes wrong and you need customer services that you discover what they are really like. They are always very efficient at taking money ,not surprisingly.
N/A

In my case, they were also efficient at refunding it.

The UPS that I ordered arrived damaged, thanks to the courier. I phoned them - they had no more of that particular model and their suggested alternatives would not have fitted in the tiny little space I'd allowed for it under the desk, so I decided I would have to hunt around elsewhere for the old model. They collected the damaged one two days later and the refund was in my account within a week. Given that they would, naturally, have wanted to examine the returned one first, I don't think that's bad.

I only use them once or twice a year, I guess, but can't say that I've had any problems with them.
RobDickson
Grafter

If I have problems with any company, I usually refer to the "Sale of Goods and Services Act" and the "Distance Selling Regulations". It normally results in me getting replies to previously ignored e-mails.
chroma
Dabbler

They claim to reply to e-mails within 48 hours. They've ignored all 3 that I've sent. I got fed up waiting to get through on the phone so I've resorted to writing.
I had asked for a different delivery address to my home address but I noticed that the Invoice and email notes contradicted each other on that.
I certainly won't be using them again.

Ian
chroma
Dabbler

Having finally received an e-mail from them I'm even more confused now. The message is headed 'Return Advice' and says 'sorry you've had to return these items'. Under item description it has the note 'Transit Delay Ord Re-Sent'. However under delivery remarks it refers to the courier collecting it.

Does this mean:
a) The item was returned to sender.
b) It has been delayed and is being re-sent.
c) They think I want to return it and have asked the courier to collect it.

I'll stick to Dabs or Ebuyer next time.....