cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What PDA

Community Veteran

What PDA

o.k. It's my birthday soon and having been asked for Ideas I came up with a PDA, only trouble is I don't know which PDA I want...

I'd like to use it to store details of any college work on and have a colour screen and the ability to link into a wireless network - so I can read here when not on my PC. Don't want a smartphone though.

Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES
sloany
Grafter

What PDA

I have a HP 2210 which doesnt include the wireless. I bought mine for the same reasons and found it difficult to use as the onscreen keyboard is tiny, although i havent tried a plug in keyboard, but suspect this would be as difficult to use. I only use my Ipaq now for Sat Nav. Ended up buying a laptop for uni work.
Community Veteran

What PDA

I'd recommend Palm's Tungsten|T5 with an extra wireless card, or if you can afford it, Palm's LifeDrive (which has built-n wireless). The very very useful trick that both of these PDAs have is "Drive Mode": you plug a cable into your PDA and any computer at college or whatever, and the PDA's internal storage appears as a removable drive on the computer. That was something I found very useful at uni (where I used a LifeDrive... have upgraded to a laptop now though, as I really needed access to good music composition software).

For both of those you can buy a foldable wireless keyboard that you just unfold, sit the PDA on, and you have a full-sze keyboard you can use to type up work on to the PDA with.

Thomas
N/A

What PDA

The Dell x51v looks nice .. it has VGA display (good for ebook/pdf), WLAN and bluetooth, two expansion bays (SD & CF), 64MB RAM, 256MB flash .. and runs the latest Windows Mobile 5.0.