cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weblinks from email not working

thepark
Grafter

Anyone know the answer to a problem that's suddenly occured. Highlighted web links in received email messages do not now work. I have used System restore to no avail. Help gratefully received. I am using XP and outlook express.
7 REPLIES
N/A

when you say highlighting do you mean double clicking. If clicking on them does not work then I would suggest that you may have a firewall or popup add blocker installed and active.
thepark
Grafter

Thanks ocluk I have tried that.I have removed all popup swatters and have tried with my firewall not active. I have I have tried Restore ,and Computer won't let me back before 31/10 . The only way I can manage a link to work is to right click the link and "add it to favourites" and then go into browser and load from my favourites list! A way round the problem, but not the answer.
Still thinking through the problem though.
N/A

I have the same problem with links, at the moment my best solution is to copy the address with the cut/paste options.
I've got a system guy at work looking into the problem for me.
thepark
Grafter

Let me know if he solves it pdurks please.
N/A

No luck with the guy from work but I've been asking around and I can't find anyone with the same problem. You would'nt happen to be using a packard bell laptop would you?Huh
thepark
Grafter

Nope! Am usingHome PC. We'll have to wait until IE7 comes out and perhaps that will sort it out.
N/A

IE7 is a very long time off.

MS are working on a patch for IE6 SP2 still because of patent issues (which look null & void to me).

There are no latest and greatest advancements that MS need to get onto the market anyhow.

Using ActiveX technology is all that is needed to beef up the functions of your site anyhow, so MS look set to stick to that liek for a while.