cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam

N/A

Webcam

Hi Everyone

Would anyone be so kind as to recommend a laptop specific webcam,preferable USB but if they are any good quite willing to get a "firewire" card for the above mentioned laptop.I know "firewire" is excellent on my Mac but not sure how well it would work on a Windows XP Home Edtion machine.

Thanks for any ideas

Ian & Linda Jordan
2 REPLIES
N/A

Webcam

Best way to do it would be using the cam you have on the MAC. However, I used a webcam with USB under XP home and, despite the fact that I don't like XP home, it worked quite nicely. You'll find that cams with USB are cheaper than those designed for Firewire, and unless you want very (but I mean VERY) high quality, USB will do the trick just fine.
N/A

Webcam

Best way to do it would be using the cam you have on the MAC.

You don't honestly think I am going to let her get her sticky mitts on my "iSight" do you? :-) But joking aside I understood that even with a firewire equiped Windows machine the "iSight" camera won't work (does anyone know different/).I suppose I should have been more specific with my query,and said that I was looking for a webcam that would fit on the screen/lid of the laptop.......sorry about that;but think I have found one in the shape of the "Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro".I cannot get away with saying it's too expensive as she is aware how much mine cost :-(

But we thank you for the reply,it is appreciated

Ian & Linda Jordan