cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web page fonts small at 1280x1024

pcorker
Grafter

I got a flat panel monitor which seems sharpest at 1280x1024 so I turned WinXP Home up to 120 dpi to cope but some sites still show very small text. I notice that I can enlarge everything with the zoom setting on IE7 and Opera9.
Opera tries to keep the width constant by rescaling window which works quite well,although causing occasional distortion while IE7 often needs to be scrolled horizontally as it makes some sites display too wide.
Has anyone found a good answer to this?
Will Firefox do an intelligent zoom?
(I want a soluton that will apply to most browsing, not one where I have to adjust settings for each new website I visit!)
4 REPLIES
N/A

If your using firefox, there is an advanced configuration page that you get by typing
"about:config" into the address bar, ( without the " " ). Dont forget the " : " between the " about config ".

There is bound to be something in there that will permanently change the text size for every page you visit, If you find the setting, just double click on the line to change it.

Thats as much as I can help you with though, I must admit, I have the same problem, but have'nt got around to fixing it yet, but my suggestion is the first place I'd look for a solution.
pcorker
Grafter

Thanks oni666uk
It sounds as if Opera9 is the best for webpage display as it auto-adjusts width to a selectable user setting and zooms from the keyboard - no doubt I will soon find some disasterous "con" to negate that "pro" :roll:
Now ... if only software providers would tell you what the programs do NOT do as well as extolling their virtues it would save a lot of trial and error... :lol:
Discostoo
Grafter

i just use the shortcut Ctrl and either + or - to make the text larger or smaller in FFox.
jabb0
Grafter

I use (ctrl + scroll wheel) which is dead handy Cheesy