cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting a new PC

N/A

Wanting a new PC

Is it possible to have a Dual Processor Athlon 64 machineHuh

If not, what would you guys recommend. This machine will not be entirely for gaming. I do alot of 3ds Max work on here and find my Athlon XP 2800 with its 512 ram doesnt quite do the trick. The Dual Xeon PC's at uni do a good job, but from what i can gather, Xeons are meant for Servers??

I looked at P4's too, but they, and the Motherboards, seem rather overpriced.

Also, on my current machine, i get a error popping up saying IP conflict. Any idea'sHuh (this only happens when pc2 is running)

Thx in advance for your advice
15 REPLIES
N/A

Wanting a new PC

If your after new PC i sell PC

Here is a Spec

Specification...
· Enlight MidiTower
· AMD Athlon 64 3000+
· Asus K8V 64 Mainboard
· Onboard LAN
· Onboard 5.1 Surround Sound
· 1GB DDR (2 X 512MB 400MHz)
· 160GB Maxtor SATA Hard Drive
. Geforce FX5700 256MB
. 16X DVD Writer
· Hyundai L70S+ 17inch TFT Flatscreen
· 5.1 Surround Speakers
. Logitech Internet Keyboard
· Logitech Mouse
· Windows XP Home Edition
. 430W ATX PSU - Intel P4/AMD

You can get all this for £900
N/A

Wanting a new PC

Are you building yourself or buying a ready built one?

I wouldnt recomend buying a ready made pc because building yourself is much more fun and you can spec it to exactly what u desire. In january i built my first pc and could not believe how easy it was. Even if your not that confident everthing you need to know you can find online in seconds anyway
N/A

Wanting a new PC

yeah, i would be building it myself

Sundeepvarsani....

Would you be able to give me a AMD 64 3200
Motherboard with onbard 5.1
5.1 speakers
1 gb Corsair DDR 400 ram (2x512)
N/A

Wanting a new PC

i can get 1gb PC3200 CORSAIR ram for £200 but other 1gb ram i can get for £170 which aint corsair

LOGITECH Z640 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM £75
AMD ATHLON 64 3000+ RETAIL BOXED WITH H/FAN £115
AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ RETAIL BOXED WITH H/FAN £145

Regardin motherboard with 5.1 i have to have a look into that because i order these PC from a distributor and i dont get info the detailed specs about motherboard. If thiers any particualr model number you seen give me that and ill find out the prices.

Regards
Sundeep
LiamM
Grafter

Wanting a new PC

I'll make my pitch in this one too :

Chriam Power Gamer 3400 Media Edition
Price - £1499 All Inclusive - INFO

Other Bespoke Specifications available by quote - email myself - liam@chriam.co.uk for a good deal to Plusnet Customers.

Laptops from £399, Other Peripherals, Printers, Scanners etc... Also available.

I suppose this thread should be moved to the For Sale Forum now Cool
N/A

Wanting a new PC

lol this is turning out to be a tender for PC's

ENLIGHT4102 MIDI TOWER 350W BLACK
AMD ATHLON 64 3400+ RETAIL BOXED WITH H/FAN
CHAINTECH NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800 APOGEE TURBO 128MB WITH GAMES
LG DVD ROM 16x
LG GSA4163B DVD +/- RW 16 SPEED DUAL LAYER
FLOPPY DISK DRIVE 1.44 (BLACK)
MAXTOR 200Gb SERIAL ATA 7200rpm 8Mb Cache
MICROSOFT MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD+OPTICAL MOUSE BUNDLE
ASUS K8V-X 754, VIA K8T800, 6CH SND, LAN, SATA
1Gb DDR (3200) 400MHz
ACER AL1714MS 17 INCH TFT FLAT SCREEN
SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY ZS PLATINUM PRO
MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTER REMOTE CONTROL
CREATIVE INSPIRE P5800 5.1 SOUNDWORKS

I can provide the above hardwares for £1200 including delivery or add extra £40 if you want me to assemble it for you.
LiamM
Grafter

Wanting a new PC

By the way, you can knock £100 off of the above price. £1399. With extra £15-25 for Parcel Force delivery (Parcelfordce 48/24).

FYI, The unit is fully assembled.

You're right Sundeepvarsani, this does seem to be fast becoming a tender for PCs lol.
N/A

Wanting a new PC

all i wanted was some advice on motherboards/ CPU's LOL

Guys, what you are saying is way out of my price range. I already have the Ram, Geforce XFX Card, HDD, case, monitor, printer, so i dont need it again.

All i am looking to buy is a motherboard + Cpu (x2 if i can get it)
N/A

Wanting a new PC

you have any particualr motherobaord or CPU that you are after, like speed or any spcial spec and what price you gna spend on them 2
N/A

Wanting a new PC

wanting a Motherboard for Dual Athlons. Price is no real limit. Well, it is. Im not paying more than £300 for a motherboard...

Also, what is a good price for 1 Opteron CPU?
N/A

Wanting a new PC

I always build mesen nowadays, best way, prebuilt pc's have a weakness in the graphical side of things and cost a bomb all the same.

Building is easy, trust me Cheesy
N/A

Wanting a new PC

Get your self a couple of xeons and dump them on an ASUS PC-DL Deulux board like me Smiley

I do not game, but do use Maya, XSI and 3DS for a LOT of my work, and these beasts eat like the rending like nothing else I have seen. Of course you need the ram (4GB) to make it more sweet, but it ran fine with 1GB of ram inside it when I first started out.

Buz
N/A

Wanting a new PC

just got myself another gb of Corsair ram, for under £100. Should help the 3DS max for now

How diffferant from Maya is Alias?? do you know??

Also, can you give me some tips on 3ds Max?? Currently making a 3 minute animation for Uni. You can see some of my other stuff at http://www.goodall2k3.plus.com/gallery
N/A

Wanting a new PC

Maya has different features to SoftImage ( I take that is what you are refering to from Alias?), Maya has some great cloth , hair and liquid animation techniques within it while XSI 4.2 has some REALLY good modling on largscale as well as more humaninistic modling techniques. All three have their own specialities, however Maya and XSI together basical cover off 3DS's ones.

BTW : Tyan do two dual AMD boards if you are interested:

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/athlon.html