cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voyager 205 and Draytek 2200E - connection problem

N/A

I've used the ethernet connection to connect the Voyager 205 (1 port Ethernet ADSL modem) to the WAN (public) side of my Dratek 2200E firewall. My LAN (private) network is on 192.168.1.0. I've set the Voyager to be DCHP server on its LAN side giving out 10.1.1.0 addresses, starting from 10.1.1.3. I've also set the Draytek WAN side to be DCHP client.

In theory - all's well. However, the Draytek wan log shows that there is DCHP request going out but it gets back a NAK Xid from the Voyager. Consequently, it sppears it can't obtain a DHCP address. replacing the Draytek with a laptop (set to DCHP client) and it acquires the 10.1.1.3 address fine.

I then set the Draytek to use a fixed IP of 10.1.1.3. No log error entries or anything.

In both cases (DCHP or fixed) I can't contact anything in the 10.1.1.0 network from the 192.168.1.0 network. This means I can't administer the Voyager through its Web interface and presumably can't see the internet either Wink

Any ideas what I could/should start looking at here before I resort to percussive surgery?

Cheers all,

~Andy
2 REPLIES
N/A

A bit more info I forgot :

WinXP tracert fails to report anything for address in the 10.1.1.0 network.
Ping responds to 10.1.1.3 only. No response from 10.1.1.1.1
In the Draytek, the Gateway is set to 10.1.1.1 when using fixed IP.

Cheers,

~A
N/A

Okay - need to hit the save button on the Voyager to save setting. Doh Wink

PlusNet tec support suggested using the built in firewall on the Voyager and bypassing the Draytek completely. Done this and it now works well.

Anyone got a high building I can throw the Draytek off?

Cheers to PlusNet support - great bunch of people.

~A