cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vista

N/A

Vista

Hi Guys
Installed vista onto laptop but the media part of it wont work as in I cannot get live tv.
When installed I have ended up with two versions of vista so when i turn on laptop i get to pick one or the other b4 it boots up and asks for pass word.
Can I do a reset or get shot of vista and try to reinstall it, or do a clean start , meaning clear all hard drives to do a clean install.
Not very good on pc stuff so if there is a way can it be explaines in simple terms or do i go to pc world and let them do it at a price
HP the folks that make the laptop are no help at all but its still in warrenty
thanks for your help I hope
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Vista

Best option woulr be to format and reinstall.

Alternatively if you login to one install and type chnage the start up options.

There is an option to change the boot menu. Here you can pick one version of vista to load each time the pc starts.

Sorry I cna't remember how to get access to the boot menu in vista I doid a quick serach but could't find it.

When you say that the tv is not working have you completed the media centre setup, picked the tuner out from the list media centre recognises. Picking a local transmitter etc etc and the letting media centre download the necessary files. Are your tv driver details up to date have you updated your tv card drivers to vista compatible ones?

A
Community Veteran

Vista

Found it on the start up menu type MSConfig in the place where is says start search. msconfig will then be listed at the top of the program menu, right click and select run as administrator. You may need to put in you system password to proceed.

The leaf called boot is where the option is for selecting the boot order. I believe here you can set the default boot vista version.

Apply and the reboot.

or try this

http://www.brunolinux.com/01-First_Things_To_Know/Removing_Vista_boot_option.html

A