cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vista Upgrade Help.......Please

N/A

OK heres my problem my current version of win xp has been shafted by the STARFORCE hidden drivers which has annoyed me somewhat as its been running quite happily for the last 4 years, so getting to test the beta vista o/s is no real problem, yeah like hell....

I would rather upgrade instead of fresh install as I have too many programs, games, music etc across more than a terabyte of drives ie 3 sata, 3 ide, 2 usb that would ALL have to be restarted.

So I started the process twas all going well till it halted during expanding files because xmasscsi.sys is either corrupt or missing....(it would be as its put there with alcohol 120% and removed when you uninstall alcohol 120%....Doh!!!) vista upgrade requires the removal of alcohol to install, so thats a catch 22 straight away....

So peeps how am I supposed to get round this....any help gratefully recieved
2 REPLIES
Denzil
Grafter

The simple answer to that one is to go back to something that works i.e. XP! Vista Beta is just that - a beta test version which may have all sorts of problems. If you want reliability don't use beta software Smiley
N/A

As I said my o/s was shaffted....but hey what the hell....its a case of do/did I trust the technology....answer yes ...fresh install.. shall enjoy testing vista as it looks pretty damn swish...And all my STARFORCE related issues have gone...