cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN

N/A

VPN

Anyone know much about VPN's? I've got two PC's connected to the internet through a netgear router. I have VPN configured on both of them but only 1 pc can connect at any time, if one is connected the other gets a error 720. Does anyone know is it possible to have 2 PC's connecting to a remote server through a VPN at the same time?

Thanks

Paul
4 REPLIES
N/A

VPN

It depends what netgear router you have. The DG834G (for instance) can have 5 VPN tunnels on the go at anytime, whereas the DG834GT can only have 1 VPN tunnel.
pacem
Grafter

VPN

It may depend on the type of VPN you are using but:

1.) (Obvious but worth checking) Do both machines have different logins to your VPN?

2.) If your VPN uses GRE packets some routers can't NAT more than 1 session so you will only ever get 1 connection.

If you can get a VPN subnet connection you could set this up in your router and then you wouldn't have to worry about configuring each machine, but your router would need to support connecting to a VPN instead.

Paul.<><
N/A

VPN

cheers guys, the problem was the netgear router could only handle 1 vpn connection at a time so i've replaced it with a different router and it's working ow.
N/A

VPN

Ny Netgear DG834G originally could only handle one VPN tunnel at a time, but updated firmware means it can now handle 5 - might be worth checking if there was a reason you were using the other router.