cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Connection problem

Community Veteran

VPN Connection problem

In my work we use a VPN system connecting dialup and ADSL users via Cisco vpn software to a PIX.

One of our users is having problems at the moment - connection terminated locally by the client.
It's worked fine up until 2 days ago. there are no other users on at the moment, so all the ports are clear.
Tried the following - checked settings, can ping the server from the remote machine, took the internet firewall off and of course rebooted Smiley

Can anyone think of anything before the guy has to trek down from Leeds later on today?

Chris
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

VPN Connection problem

Have they installed any Windows updates recently - it could have changed something effecting the VPN software/connection? If so. maybe uninstall the fixes and see if the problem still occurs.
Community Veteran

VPN Connection problem

AFAIK no, they shouldn't be doing any windows updates other than the ones I send out on CD, and I have to admit I've been slack on that lately.
He should be coming down soon so I'll check then, he's not IT litreate enough to talk about windows updates Smiley
Community Veteran

VPN Connection problem

Got it to work in the end, simply deleting and recreating the connection in the vpn software made it work. A little frustrating really, tried lots of different things, read up on a lot of windows updates and it ended up being something I should have tried first.

Chris