cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VGA or DVI

N/A

VGA or DVI

Which of these provides better quality? for general computer use..not for gaming
8 REPLIES
N/A

VGA or DVI

DVI is better quality easily, but unless your pushing graphically, then you might not notice the difference.
Walrus
Grafter

VGA or DVI

DVI is a far better bet for modern digital TFT displays, because no digital->analogue or analogue->digital conversions have to take place.
Alecto
Grafter

VGA or DVI

You would not be able to tell the difference.
Community Veteran

VGA or DVI

Geoff has spoken Tongue
N/A

VGA or DVI

Geoff has spoken Tongue

Yeah lol! He builds one PC and now he is GOD!
N/A

VGA or DVI

SO SORRY..to disappoint....but I filled that position ages ago....there are still some vacancies as minions!
Alecto
Grafter

VGA or DVI

Yeah lol! He builds one PC and now he is GOD!

I was quoting you there phear!! That is what you told me, isn't it? :lol:
N/A

VGA or DVI

I think I did say something like that Big G lol.

It really does depend on many things, because the thread starter said "not for gaming" I didnt post anything. As usually DVI vs VGA comes down to CRT vs TFT - and there are differences when it comes to gaming (major ones).

In most cases people who dont game us onboard graphics, which as far as I am aware 99% of the time use analog and not digital meaning a DVI device would be pointless. Also if your talking about the difference between a TFT with VGA and a TFT with DVI it comes down to price, you have to ask yourself if its worth it.

Of course there is always exceptions and this is why the question is difficult to answer, it comes down to many things - the main ones being; price, what your using the equipment for and your general opinion on the differences. Some people just prefer the way Analog looks.

DVI is more vivid than VGA, the colours look better, sharper and generally they are easier on the eyes. But in some cases this can cause problems, because DVI makes the colours seem more vivid it can make things appear more cartoony than realistic. Therefor effecting things like gaming, movies and image manipulation.

At the end of the day it comes down to your own opinion and the quality of the DVI device. Most people who buy quality DVI monitors really dont need any advice from me as they probably know why they bought it, what it does and why they need it! Wink