Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utorrent Question

bimsta88
Dabbler

Utorrent Question

Hi
I have had utorrent for a a few days and i am get REALLY SLOW SPEEDS. my connection is 2mb and i am getting speeds like 0.4 kbps etc its really annoying.

instead of opening the ports i just DMZ my ip address. at first when i went onto speed guide it said the port was open. now its says its not.

i was wandering what sort of speeds everybody else is getting on utorrent and azureus because i for sure am getting crappy speeds.

is there ne thing i am doin wrong.

thanks
11 REPLIES
N/A

Utorrent Question

The problems with any P2P is Plus net may not cap you but other isp's may be capping the sender. With some like Emule etc you may also have a low id which slows things down.

The best test is to try a small download as they are often sent straight away and see what speed you get
Slick
Grafter

Utorrent Question

try looking at how many peers/seeds you have connected.
that helps alot
Trapper_Dave
Grafter

Utorrent Question

I have a very strange problem with this, I'm on an 8 meg connection, and I'm downloading from 90+ seeds with 850+ peers, with me being able to download at a maximum (and quite paltry) 2.4kB/s.

Initally, I was downloading at around 70-80 kB/s.
Zathras
Grafter

Utorrent Question

Whats strange.. its Sunday one of the busiest days and its peak time Cheesy quite normal from my experience.
Trapper_Dave
Grafter

Utorrent Question

But I've been downloading this file since about Wednesday and it's stayed at that speed.
Slick
Grafter

Utorrent Question

could be the public tracker that your connecting to
if its a private tracker check your ratio
N/A

Utorrent Question

it all depends on your plusnet package ive recently found out.
if like me,i decided to downgrade to a lower package(same speed and D/L unlimited)plusnet throttle P2P connections.
this was stated by an engineer i spoke to from plusnet just recently but goes against what ive just read on my account details which state im free to do what ever.

try going to www.portforward.com for advice to open up your ports correctly or ask on here if anyone knows which port is being throttled(dont really think you will get a reply)

then also if you have an old usb modem this also doesnt help.

edited: dont know if this will help but have a look
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

just found it on another thread about opening ports up.
grimreality
Grafter

Utorrent Question

Another option to look at is where you get your torrents from. Some websites are not a particular on what they put up so you will download something with a real link:censored speed. Currently use one site and it is nothing to have a couple of sections going with speeds hitting 70-80Kbps on each torrent.

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Removed childish attempt to bypass swear filter link:rules
N/A

Utorrent Question

I have been using utorrent for a good 3 months and i was getting great download speeds but in the last few weeks my download speed has been 2kb/s its driving me nuts, iv sorted the ports like it told me to and it worked well and it stills says there open and working well but my download and upload sucks
N/A

Utorrent Question

Change your ports to around the 7200 mark and download between midnight and 4pm because it´s out of peak time so you can get a lot faster speeds.

-------------------------------
Insanity is my only means of relaxation
grimreality
Grafter

Utorrent Question

Easy way to find out if it is your connection that is the problem or if it is the torrent is to grab a linux distro torrent and try downloading it. You should be able to hit speeds in the range of 40-60 easy without any issues.