cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my ipaq and mobile to connect to Plus net

N/A

RIght I`ve just bought myself a shiny new ipaq 4150(very nice Cheesy)

I`ve got a t610 moby so was hoping that I would be able to use these to connect to the internet. Is this possible with plusnet?

I`m on connect so Would I be able to use the 0808 number or would I need to use the 0845 one?

ANy help would be greatSmiley
3 REPLIES
N/A

You would need to use the 0845 number, and depending on the network, you may even need to uses the 0870 roaming number.

The 0808 numbers are only available from BT Landlines.

I can't help further without looking into the phone itself, however, if the phone can contact to the iPaq, then there should be little issue in using it as the modem.
N/A

Orange have a great setup guide for combinations of PDA / mobiles http://setup.orange.co.uk/mobileEmail/step1.asp. Even if you're not with them you can print out the instructions and change the numbers Cheesy .

Just done it with a Nokia 6310i and HP 2210 using Bluetooth. It was painfully slow until I upgraded the mobile to GPRS.
Community Veteran

TBH I find that Orange setup guide to be pretty poor - they don't keep it updated whatsoever, so it's only useful with older phones/PDAs.

But yes, going back to the original poster, there should be no problems in connecting your iPaq (nice choice btw) to your phone - though do beware that if you use BlueTooth, your battery life will suffer a bit. But I think that's a price worth paying.

Thomas