cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User option on loading WindowsXP

N/A

Since updating my XP a short while ago, with MSoft download, on loading it stops needing my intervention to select user. As I am the only user I find this irritating Is there a way to circumnavigate this?

TIA
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I assume that you have elected not to enter a password?
If you change this and make it so that you need a password it will bring up the box requiring you to log in.
N/A

dude be happy its that way lol Smiley just lock ur desktop (windows key + L) when you are not about. if you are the only user about then there is no need for a password screen and it just slows down evertyhing
Community Veteran

I think he means he did not have to select a user to login previously (windows auto logged in) but now he does since installing a M$ patch.
N/A

Thanks for the answers, but sorry, expressed myself wrong again.

What I should have said that until I updated XP on load I continued to full load.
Since the update I now need to choose user. There is no password set, and I would prefer, as before, not have to take any action in order to complete the load.
Community Veteran

Ah! Ok I read it the wrong way round. :?
I cant give you a definite answer but I think it will be in the Control Panel under User Accounts. I havn't got time to play with it just now as Ive got to go out. But there are several options in there, one of which may be what you need.