cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Suggestions

N/A

Upgrade Suggestions

Hi all,

I recently was blessed by my boss with a shiny new fast pc for work, which is great, except that my home pc now feels very slow indeed so it's time to have a bit of an upgrade.

I have always been a bit of an AMD fan (I currently have a 1GHz Athlon) and am very tempted to go for another faster AMD, probably around the 2.5 mark. Anyone have any words of wisdom about this, in particular the motherboard to go with it. The one I have currently only just manages my 1G cpu. Any RAM suggestions aswell.

Thanks All!

Dave
2 REPLIES
N/A

Upgrade Suggestions

try looking at an A7N8x from Asus - i just bought the Deluxe version from Ebuyer with an XP2500+ Barton with 2x 256mb crucial 2700 RAM (all from ebuyer) and it flys.

There are a few alternatives that you can look at if you dont need all the features of the A7N8x which will bring the price down a little - if you go AMD it is probably best to go with an nforce based mobo ... i think there is a website around for that chipset too!

Chris
Moderator's note by Chris: Deleted duplicate post
N/A

Upgrade Suggestions

Cheers Chris, had a look on eBuyer at the Asus boards and they do indeed look good. Lots of good reviews. Not sure whether I quite need all the features of that delux board, but some of the lesser models look spot on.

Thanks again. Now to convince the wife that this is far more important than decorating the kitchen! Wink