cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Speedtouch 330 before installing new modem/router?

N/A

Hi, according to this page: http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/330highspeed.asp
my Alcatel Speedtouch frog won't be able to cope with speeds above 4Mbit/s without some registry changes. I get the impression it's just out of date now.
I've decided to buy a Netgear DG834 ADSL Modem/ Router.

Q1) Do I need to uninstall the Alcatel software before installing the router? and
Q2) I've read that the Alcatel software can be difficult to remove properly. Is this true?

TIA Simon
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You can safely leave the drivers installed, it will not interfere with the netgear which will be using an network card driver.

I have both the green frog drivers and the netgear on my PC and I've never had a problem.

leaving the drivers installed does mean you have a backup network connection in case the netgear goes wrong (which is unlikely), but don't connect both to your PC at the same time as windows gets confused.

Note: when the neatgear is first connected, make sure IE is configured to never dial a network connection via tools -> internet options -> connections tab which would have been et for your frog.
N/A

Thank you - very useful information!

I think the warning about the old frog should be more widely circulated since many people will still be using them now. I was lucky to have found it.