cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USR8054 Wireless Turbo access Point & Router & Solwi

N/A

I have been trying to connect a US Robotics Wireless Turbo access Point & Router into my system without any success. I currently connect two computers to the Solwise through a switch however I need to connect a wireless laptop into the system and so bought the USR equipment, however I cannot even connect my wired connections and make them work. Anyone any ideas?
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Err, confused here...

When you say 'US Robotics Wireless Turbo access Point & Router', do you mean you have a USR wireless access point, a solwise router and a switching hub or a USR wireless router, a solwise router and a switching hub or a USR wireless access point, a USR router, a solwise router and a switching hub or something else?

Once you clarify what equipment you have got (please state model numbers as well), what have you connected to what (including PC) and what IP addresses have you set?
N/A

I have a Solwise 130 DSL modem connected to Plusnet with a static IP (dynamically allocated) to which I am trying to connect a US Robotics Wireless Turbo access Point and router (Full Title) USR Part number 8054.
The Solwise uses a default IP Gateway 0f 192.168.7.1
my computers use 192.168.7.2 & 192.168.7.3 respectively.
The default IP of the USR is 192.168.123.254
The computer is running Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4.
It has an Asus motherboard with built in 3Com 3C920B-EMB Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller.
I have no difficulty getting the computer to talk to the USR but cannot get the USR to connect through the modem