cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USR Broadband router

N/A

USR Broadband router

Hi,
I recently purchased a USR Wireless Broadband router, so i can use the laptop on the internet around my house. However it has a really nasty built in firewall, and i dont know quite how to turn it off

http://www.usr-emea.com/products/p-broadband-product.asp?prod=bb-9106&loc=unkg
^^ is a link to my router. I cant find any information on their site about the fire wall and how to turn it off.

Anyone had this product or knows anything about it and how to turn the firewall off?

Many thanks, jason.
4 REPLIES
N/A

USR Broadband router

On this page it says that to bypass the firewall just use the ports on this page that you require use of.

By the sounds of it you cant disable it, you can only use port forwarding. This doesnt sound quite right, USR products are usually damn good and have everything. Have you tried looking through the manual?
Alecto
Grafter

USR Broadband router

It says you can disable the firewall via the web interface, but also that the firewall is disabled as default when it is supplied.

So perhaps the firewall is not your problem?
N/A

USR Broadband router

It says you can disable the firewall via the web interface, but also that the firewall is disabled as default when it is supplied.

So perhaps the firewall is not your problem?

Ah that sounds like it, it does say that if pppoa/pppoe is selected the firewall is set to on. So I am guessing it is on then, yep?

I think he needs to tick the "PPP IP Extension" box.

It says here:

The PPP IP Extension supports the following conditions:

* Allows only one PC on the LAN
* The public IP address assigned by the remote using the PPP/IPCP protocol is actually not used on the WAN PPP interface. Instead, it is forwarded to the PC's LAN interface through DHCP. Only one PC on the LAN can be connected to the remote since the DHCP server within the ADSL gateway has only a single IP address to assign to a LAN device.
* NAPT and firewall are disabled when this option is selected.
* The ADSL gateway becomes the default gateway and DNS server to the PC through DHCP using the LAN interface IP address.
* The ADSL gateway extends the IP subnet at the remote service provider to the LAN PC. That is, the PC becomes a host belonging to the same IP subnet.
* The ADSL gateway bridges the IP packets between WAN and LAN ports, unless the packet is addressed to the gateway's LAN IP address.

Thats for PPPoe and oa connections. Maybe this is what he needs to do then?

It doesnt show any other way to disable the firewall under PPPoa and oe connections other than using that IP Extension checkbox..
N/A

USR Broadband router

Thanks for the info guys, ill try it when im home Smiley Usage