cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 2.0 Hub

N/A

USB 2.0 Hub

I have an Evesham Voyager laptop with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ running Windows XP Pro.

I also have a Q-Tec 4 port powered USB 2.0 hub which, when the computer is up and running, works OK. All the devices connected to it work correctly.

However when I start the laptop with the hub connected the very first POST screen appears for less than one second, the computer beeps and the screen goes blank, again for less than 1 second. The first Post screen appears for less than one second and round and round it goes. Once I remove the hub the computer starts correctly. If I then reconnect the hub , as I said earlier, everything works OK.

It has been suggested that there must be a short circuit in the hub.

Any ideas?

many thanks.
2 REPLIES
N/A

USB 2.0 Hub

This happend with me but on my pc and with a different usb device. I used an xbox action reply thing and it connectes 2 ur pc via usb and when eva it was on it got 2 bios screen and never went past it. Not sure why it does that though
Community Veteran

USB 2.0 Hub

If the hub works normally when you plug it in after powering up the laptop then it is unlikely to be a short circuit.

It is more likely to be a BIOS /POST bug/problem where it does not handle the fact that a USB device is connected when it powers up. This sometimes happens with certain devices and will require a BIOS fix to allow it to power up properly with that device connected.

Check your manufacturers website for an update BIOS or if they have a support contact method (email, forum etc) report the problem to them including full details of the USB hub.