cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US vs. UK Office for Mac

N/A

US vs. UK Office for Mac

I am thinking of buying a MS Office 2004 for Mac from the states online. It seems to make a lot of sense considering how much less I will be paying for it. My only hesitation is 'are they basically the same software?' If not, what are the differences?

Please advise.

Cheers.
4 REPLIES
N/A

US vs. UK Office for Mac

Support will be your biggest problem.

Unless it is a UK version, you would be paying International rates for support.

I know two people that have done this without issue. Both had to pay import duty prior to receipt (usualy done on a CoD basis through the courier).
N/A

US vs. UK Office for Mac

What I do not understand is ' What support?'

To me, a software either works or does not work. If it does not, get a refund or a new disc. In terms of using the software, there are loads of books/ user manuals on the market.
N/A

US vs. UK Office for Mac

Like with any product, there are support lines available in most cases. Microsoft provide an excelent support program, even for there Mac software.

A human voice with excelent knowledge of the product, is always better than a book that never exaplins the steps you need for your exact requirment.
N/A

US vs. UK Office for Mac

Thanks. I see what you are saying. Since I am not that worried about telephone support. Maybe buying the software from the States is the way to go for me then.

Cheers.