cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to connect to plus net using Linux KPPP

N/A

RIght I`m trying to connect from linux but having no luck Sad

I have loaded up kppp clicked new and done a new setup. Put the phone number in then my username and password then tried to connect.

It dials the number and then says starting pppd at this point nothing happens until it times out. Anyone able to help me?

Cheers Cheesy
5 REPLIES
N/A

Check the authentication settings, if pppd times out, its often that it can't auth into the network. Also, check your network setting and make sure you don't have a static gateway ip set up, cause that soemtims causes trouble.
N/A

Havent got statip gateway Ip set. Not sure were the authentication settings are.

HAve you got it set up yourself?

what settings should I be using?

There`s no info in pppd arguments section should there be any?
N/A

I used to have it (before I got my adsl set up properly), but I don't have the settings noted any more.

Make sure that the authentication method is set to CHAP (I think its chap for plusnet, if I remember the connection setting page correctly).

Most distros these days have wizards to set up ppp for you, although occasionally (eg Mandrake) they can be a tad flakey.

Ashe
N/A

Im using slackware adn there dont seem to be anything about ppp setup
Community Veteran

I am locking this topic. Please refer all further discussions to this thread: http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11716

Thomas