cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trojan in AVG Vault

keppy2008
Grafter

Trojan in AVG Vault

My AVG free version managed to trap a TROJAN and i placed the EXE file in the AVG Virus vault.

Question
1. i assume it is out of harms way in there ?

2. How can i delete it completly or should i just leave in the vault ?

[Moderator's note by <Mark> (pcsni): [BB code removed from the title as it doesnt work there.]
6 REPLIES
N/A

Trojan in AVG Vault

Sorry I can't help with answers, but I'd also be interested to know. There is some relevant info in the "Virus programs" topic in this forum. Can I rely on my spyware scanner to have tossed all the trojans that got through to me? What else should I be doing?
N/A

Trojan in AVG Vault

not sure about AVG but I presume the vault is their name for quarantine, where it should be safe, but I would be happier to have it deleted - again not sure how, but it should be fairly straightforward?
Njal
Grafter

Trojan in AVG Vault

It's safe there, but should be deleted.

Highlight it.
Action (menu at top of window) - Delete files.

Should be gone.

Regards,

Neil
keppy2008
Grafter

Trojan in AVG Vault

YES i have seen the DELETE FILE option but wasnt sure if that only removes it from the vault(quarantine) and returns it to pc folders............ Huh? Can you confirm the delete files option completly removes it from pc .
Appreciate the earlier replies THANKS
Community Veteran

Trojan in AVG Vault

I can indeed confirm that removing it from the vault does indeed delete the virus from your system
N/A

Trojan in AVG Vault

The vault is a kind of "half way house" between deleting and stopping it from causing havoc in the system.

It will not be able to cause any harm to the rest of your system.

My advice is to leave it in the vault for a week or so as some virus scanners can misdiagnose viruses and kill off a legitamate program. therefore by keeping it in the vault you can restore it if it is a legit program.

Apps deleted from the virus vault are shredded as far as I know which makes file recovery very difficult if you do delete a legit program.