cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transcoding avi to DVD

Alecto
Grafter

Transcoding avi to DVD

I'm looking for the fastest way to put two .avi files on one DVD to play on a domestic recorder. I don't want to get a new recorder that plays .avi.

First part seems to be transcoding, and the fastest program I've found is VSO DivXtoDVD which converts a forty minute video in about 20 minutes at 100%CPU utilisation. Does anyone know anything faster?

And then all I want to do is take the two converted files and burn them one after the other on a DVD. No menus, no fancy stuff. I can't find anything to do this.

Can anyone recommend something simple to do this please?
5 REPLIES
Highlighted
sahins

Transcoding avi to DVD

I realise this is an old posting but just in case you still haven't found an answer, I use TMPGEnc DVD Author (I'm using Ver. 1.6 although the latest version is 2.5). I use it to burn videos from my camcorder that uses SD card onto DVD.

You can downlaod a trial from http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

RKS
Alecto
Grafter

Transcoding avi to DVD

Thanks I'll have a look at it.

And no, I still haven't found anything straightforward to do the second part. I can cobble something together using Roxio or Nero, but it's far more elaborate than I want.
N/A

Transcoding avi to DVD

check out doom9.org they have a lot of tutorials and apps related to these things Smiley
Alecto
Grafter

Transcoding avi to DVD

Thanks buz.
Very helpful. I might know what I'm doing now. Wink
N/A

Transcoding avi to DVD

Best avi > dvd software I have used is DVDSanta. May be too slow for you though, it does it in real-time (i.e. a full DVD takes 2 hours). However it's easy to use and the quality is excellent.

dvdguideuk