cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tom Tom software for a PDA

Rourkefamily
Grafter

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes...

Looking to get software for my Palm T5.

Looking around I see they come either with DVD or on cards. If I get the DVD's can you load the software on to the Palm via a PC?

Any advice on the best place to purchase software.
6 REPLIES
psk10
Grafter

Try this site
www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
give them a call they are very helpful
Community Veteran

If you buy TomTom on a DVD, then you just run the DVD on your PC, and it will use HotSync (or Missing Sync if you use that instead) to install all the files you need on to your T5. The only thing you need to be aware of though is that map files can be very large, so your T5's internal memory may not be able to hold the maps you need, in which case you'd need to purchase an extra memory card... which would mean that the simplest thing to do would be to just buy TomTom already loaded on to a memory card instead.

Regarding where to buy TomTom's software etc. from, I would recommend www.expansys.com - they seem to be about the cheapest, they stock both the DVD and memory card versions (or at least they did when I last looked), and the service is good.
quaint1
Hooked

Hi,

Not sure if this is totally relevant but have recently bought a Palm Treo 680 with a Tom Tom (SD Card-UK maps) special offer.

My experience is that the Palm needs plenty of free memory if the sat nav is to work without the odd lock up. Now that I have moved most of my data files and photo's on to the expansion card, the tom tom is very stable on the Treo.
nadger
Rising Star

For fun I've installed TomTom mobile onto Lobster 700TV phone. Phone runs on Windows Moble 5.

Bought TomTom Mobile 5 on ebay - had system + Benelux maps for £10. Just downloaded UK maps (+ main roads in Europe) from TomTom who are giving 20% discount this month on downloads. Downloads remain available for 12 months after purchase date.

Bought 32 channel bluetooth receiver on ebay and 1Gb micro sd card - all works well.
shellsong
Grafter

I've been using TomTom 5 with the Western Europe v606 map for some time now on a Treo650 with reasonable results apart from occasional rather frustrating reboots of PalmOS for no particular reason - just come back from Germany and it is invaluable for getting round the one way system in Brugge which we use as a staging point!
nadger
Rising Star

it is invaluable for getting round the one way system in Brugge which we use as a staging point!

My wife wanted to visit Brugge and TomTom Mobile Benelux maps took us straight into old town centre via narrow cobbled streets - also got us out again. One-way streets would have been a nightmare Smiley